NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi Everyone

TerriW

Hi Everyone, My name is Terri, my husband and I are 1st time Grey owners. We bought a baby African Grey from an exotic bird store in October. His name is Diego and he was born on June 26th 2007. We just love him. Thankfully he has bonded with us both and doesnt seem to prefer one to the other. He takes a shower with me everyday, lol, the highlight of our evening. He started whistling the Adams family theme recently and is mumbling some things we cant understand yet. He has learned to climb the stairs after us, he doesnt like to be left alone. We couldnt be happier with our decision to buy a Grey. We researched it for 2 years and looked for about a year until I found my baby, I knew he was the right fit for us immediatly. I was happy to see that there are forums for Grey owners, I am learning alot from reading the posts. Thanks, Terri

Hello Terri and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Diego.

That is so wonderful that Diego has bonded with both of you, how fortunate you are as most of us have one that is bonded with just one, including me. Josey just tolerates my hubby, she won't let him pick her up but she will accept a neck scratch sometimes.

You seem to have hit it lucky on all counts, bonded with both of you, enjoys showers and follows you around the house and whistles theme songs, no wonder you love him so much.

Take a few moments and read thru some of the threads here for lots of useful information and ask questions if you have any. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Diego you would like to share with us we would love to see him.

Terri if you go to photbucket.com and upload your pics there but make sure they are in message board sized you can than click on the IMG code copy it, than paste it here and it should work great for you! If you need anymore help just pm me!