NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

12-grain bread

GusandGloria

Hi all :) My first post here. My birds sometimes get bored in the afternoon and I give them each a half-slice of Pepperidge Farms 12-grain bread. They don't eat the bread but pick all the little nuts and seeds out of it. It's a foraging-type snack that's lightweight which all five of my birds go crazy over. It's messy as you end up with little bits of discarded bread everywhere but it's no big deal for me.

I sometimes buy sesame bagels for my parrotlet Edward. He will pick every blessed seed off and it's so fun to watch him.

I am enjoying all the posts and have already picked up a few great tips!

Thanks I am enjoying the recipes very much. I don't really cook for them, other than the 15 different kinds of fruits and veggies I chop for them *every blessed morning of my life!* Lol. They just climb into our plates and eat with us at meal times. But I do need a good bird bread recipe. And I'm looking for a good mash recipe for my parrotlet. "Adele's" in Ft. Lauderdale had a good one but it's about 20 miles down the road.

My 16 year old cockatiel HAS to have 12 grain bread everyday at 3:00 pm...if its not on his white clip by 3:00 pm SHARP he will scream JOEY JOEY JOEY until you get off your bum and get it there!! That spoiled little guy!! He also has to have a ritz cracker on his silver clippy at 4:00 pm everyday!! Im telling you he is the most demanding bird in my house! Cant move his toys, has 4 treat bowls and 4 clippys that have to have the same thing on them at the same time EVERYDAY!!! *sheesh*