NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi Everyone

Obviously, I'm new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Melissa. I have one Grey her name is Piper and she is my only bird. Piper is five years old and has been with me since October '07. She was a plucker when she came to me. We have our ups and downs in that department, she will show signs of improvement then it starts again. She has received a clean bill of health, so her plucking is behavioral.

Prior to coming to me she spent the better part of a year in her cage with little human interaction and was on a diet of nothing but Zupreem FruitBlend pellets. She now spends most of the day out of her cage, is on natural pellets and eats just about everything I offer her. We have bonded well considering her past and I am thrilled to have her.

In addition to Piper, I also have a three year old Standard Poodle named Savannah. I work from home and "my girls" are my life.

Well, enough rambling from me. I'm happy to be here and meet other Grey owners.

Melissa

Hello Melissa and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Piper.

I commend you on adopting an older grey and a rehomed one at that, there are so many out there that need good homes and I am glad that this one now has a loving home.

We do have a lot of threads that deal with the issue of plucking, just do a search and you will find them, but read thru as many of the threads for lots of useful information on all aspects of greys. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have and we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Piper you would like to share with us we would love to see her.

Welcome Melissa!!

What a great job it sounds like you have done so far with Piper. I'll bet he is one happy camper in a loving environment he is now enjoying with you.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos when you get a chance. :-)