NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

It is home again...

atreasure

Well, after the loss of our Eclectus just before Christmas, we finally made our decision to buy a baby TAG. We brought him/her home on Monday, and the cage and our home have come back to life with the sounds that had been silenced since December. This forum was so helpful assisting in our decision.

I know many of you prefer complete weaning before bringing the bird home, but we enjoyed finishing hand feeding our Eclectus and have decided to finish our new TAG. He/she is nine weeks old, and has the appetite of a horse. Although they had been hand feeding with a syringe, we prefer the spoon, and so does our new TAG. We would like to know the sex of our new TAG, so we may try a DNA kit.

Thanks again for all the input throughout this site, and I will continue reading to gain information and maybe even contribute down the line.

Jeff

You should do fine with the handfeeding since you have done it before so congrats on bringing home a Tag and glad we could be of some help to you in your decision.

A new baby does bring the home to life with the sounds, silence can be so depressing when you are missing a loved one.

Please do contribute to the site, join in the fun and share your stories of your new Tag with us and keep us updated with the progress and we want pictures, please:)

It was easier naming our Eclectus since we knew the sex. We went generic with "Tiny" since he/she is so small. The name just seems to fit. Tiny is so different from when our Eclectus was young. Tiny seems to make so many different sounds, and seems to like being held more than our Eclectus did. The past two nights Tiny has fallen asleep on my lap after eating. I also find it interesting that Tiny is not at all afraid of sounds or the new things around our home. Our Ectletus always seemed a bit jumpy, so we always tried to be careful. Tiny also enjoyed the car ride home, and again, fell asleep on my lap. So far I could not ask for more from a pet. Tiny is already very much a part of our family.

Jeff