NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

attention all new members

kimmie_30

hello im 30 years old and im a big bird lover, i have a 6 year old parrolet and a 5 year old sun conure and soon to come home on march 24th is my baby congo grey. i have always wanted one and i stated to my fiance after getting the sun conure that i wouldnt get another bird but i went into the bird farm and fell in love with the grey that was there, so i went online hunting down a good breeder and i found one. and she has been sending me pics of my baby, i just cant wait for him to come home so i can get to know him. that is pretty much all about me i do work for animal control, so i do love all kinds of animals.

Hi, I'm Jan and a new member. Tobie is 8 months old and I think he's the most amazing pet I've ever owned. He doesn't seem nervous about a thing and delites me with little words and phrases that seem to come out of the blue and are always appropriate. Like the first time he tasted ice cream. He looked up at me and said "thats goooood". I'm worried about all the reports I hear about these birds feather plucking though and want to learn all I can to avoid this if possible. He was 3.5 mo. when I brought him home and I just read francine's article about the cause may be related to the birds being forced to leave the nest too soon. Right now he's perfect though. Jan

I've never participated in a forum before, so bear with me while I try to figure this thing out.

Hello Jan and welcome to the family, you will learn your way around her quickly I am sure, if I can get the hang of this then anyone can as I am an old fogey.

We all share the same thoughts of greys being amazing creatures and we don't know how we got along without them before we brought them into our life.

Do you have any other parrots or birds? Most of us have more than one and a few of us have more than one grey, we just can't stop adding to the joy.

If you are looking for advice you have come to the right place, we have many threads that are full of useful and helpful information, just read thru at your leisure. Ask questions that you may have and we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Tobie you would like to share with us we would love to see him.