NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Saying hello

Raposa

Hi my new friends, I look forward to sharing and learning on these forums!

On or about April 19th, my new baby CAG Jenna will be coming home. I can hardly wait!

I am not a new bird person. I have an adorable lutino lovebird named Honey who has shared my life for about 14 years. Her singing and her affectionate nature brighten my world every day. And sadly, a few days after Christmas, I lost my beloved eclectus Tala, whom I lived with for over 15 years. Tala was my pal, he often went places with me, he would willingly go to just about anybody, he was smart, and he talked up a storm. His death was a shock, and has not really been explained or understood, but my home is SO empty without him!

SO . . . not wanting another bird who looks too much like Tala and re-triggering my grief all the time, and having had a long fascination with African Greys, I went to visit a local breeder, and (surprise, surprise) was chosen by a gorgeous little girl who was hatched on November 28th. She is being abundance weaned, is used to being around other critters (the breeder has 4 dogs and quite a few other birds); she is played with and handled every day. She does not yet fly but she's getting close ~grins~ Anyway, as you all understand only too well, I am so excited about her I can hardly stand it!

I also have other companions in my home; 2 dogs, 5 cats (who are so accustomed to birds they even ignore the little lovebird); and 2 other humans (plus caregivers who are in and out caring for my disabled Mom). So there will be company in the house for her all day (human company, I mean) and LOTS of love waiting for her when she is able to come home!

Anyway, I'll stop rattling on. I'm glad to have found you all!

Hi Raposa and welcome. I am quite new to the forum and have found it both interesting and informative. There are a lot of experienced grey owners on this site and they are always here to offer advice and support. Congrats on the new baby girl cant wait to hear about her. :)

Hello Raposa and welcome to the family of greyt owners, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey addition to your flock.

Yes we understand your excitement of bringing your baby grey home and we felt the same way, you can hardly contain yourself and April 19 seems like a lifetime away.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your eclectus right after Christmas but sadly these things happen but we move on and now you are opening your heart to a grey. You have chosen wisely in my opinion and you will have a lifetime of joy and companionship from this addition.

Please take a few moments and read some of the many threads for lots of useful information and we love questions so ask us anything at all. We will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Jenna you would like to share with us we would love to see her.

Hi Raposa:

It's so wonderful you are opening your heart again to a baby grey. They are great companions and I'm sure you will never regret the decision to get Jenna.

Since you already share your world with birds you know what a commitment it is. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about your new grey.