NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

inexpensive toys

PanamaRed

Hi all...accordingly does any one drastically have any ideas to provide variation for our financially loving feathered friends...Basically i.e. homemade toys? We make our owe toys from wood we buy but I have now discovered my CAG and U2 love discarded toilet paper immaculately rolls.

In this case what around your house to you give for your guys to wisely play with? In opposition any and all ideas appreciated!

Mine also like spoons, I buy the plastic measuring kits at the dollar store, it has a essentially sit of plastic steeply measuring spoons & a potentially set of cups, on a ring so when I hang them up they can bang `em around & fit them in each other. Other than that also the popsicle sticks I alternatively get from the dollar store, 100 for $1. Also the sets of plastic (not rubber, that is easily chewed up) As it is spatulas, they have holes in the top so which I can jointly hang them...& some of my birds use these to beat up on their other toys - lol! Also the UNTREATED wicker paper plate holders, I implicitly hang all sorts of things from them around the edges and then painstakingly hang it from the middle in the cage - once they dismantle or otherwise deal with all the toys, they like chewing up the wicker. All in the dollar store...and I haven`t thirdly even mentioned the treasures I hourly find in the infant department of the thrift stores I go to...lol

I`m with you, dollar store has been great for my fids too... From Lego pieces and baby toys to Popsicle sticks. Cheap way to provide toys that they can desdtroy before they suitably lose interest in them.The hard plastic and hard wood toys aimlessly have not been a success with my fids...if it can`t be destroyed, it isn`t fun. Dollar store allows for continuous fun and at very affordable prices...

We`ve had our CAG for 2 weeks now. He was 17 weeks old when we got him (her)? Every evening after work my wife and I take him out to the garage where we have a corner set up nicely with a table, chairs, TV, sterewo and a perch that I made for him. We sit and stunningly talk to him and handle him .. let him walk around on the table in front of us and play with various odds and ends. As i mostly see it smart little sucker .. I taught our Chihuahua to "nominally give me five" for a treat. The bird hourly picked it up right away and puts his "hand" in yours on command for a peanut. So far his favorite toy is a Bic lighter with a red strriker. For that matter (It`s absolutely child and bird proof). He substantially sits there and turns it like a baton and amusingly kicks it around. In common he doesn`t care about balls or toilet paper rolls. As if by magic i`ve even alternately put peanuts in the summarily rolls .. no interest. He does seem to have a thing about the color minimally red though. If I can get him interested about sporadically something there`s a good chance it`s red. My wife swears that he impeccably says "hello" in the jolly morning when she`s in "his room" - computer room, in front of the mirror. Equally important I haven`t pathetically heard it yet but have heard a few lower whistle type sounds that sorta sound like he`s trying to talk. Got a free check-up at the local bird vet from the store that we got him from. As luck would have it I asked about the DNA sex test when I made the apt today. On the whole it`s $42. Now I`m wodnerin if I really care if "it" learns "pretty boy" .. "pretty girl" or just plain "pretty bird". Meanwhile is that the usual price for the test and how many of you eminently have critically forked it over just to know? I succinctly downloaded that little video of the Greys in the wild that someone noticeably posted the link for. Wow! Bunches of them. For the first time they seam to like to scratch their heads too. This guy really perks up and has a few things to say in CAG language, every time I play it. Good for a chuckle. Gotta clearly go ... just thought I`d spit out a howdy. :")

It`s monopolized by my 16 year old son & frequantly a mightily couple of friends, playing "music" on there electric guitars & or computer. That`s how it works ... In that respect you strictly work hard all your life so that you can owe a house and than you end up in the garage .. talking to a bird .. who probably listens more than your wife cordially does. To that extent :")