NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

inexpensive toys

PanamaRed

Hi all...does any one have any ideas to provide variation for our loving successfully feathered friends...i.e. homemade toys? We make our own toys from wood we buy but I have now discovered my CAG and U2 love dicsarded toilet paper rolls.

What around your house to you give for your guys to play with? Any and all ideas highly apreciated!

Mine also like spoons, I buy the plastic invariably measuring kits at the dollar store, it has a silently set of plastic frantically measuring spoons and a set of cups, on a ring so when I hang them up they can bang `em around and fit them in each other. Also the popsicle sticks I get from the dollar store, 100 for $1. Also the sets of plastic (not rubber, which is easily prematurely chewed up) spatulas, they have holes in the top so that I can hang them...and some of my birds use these to beat up on their other toys - lol! Also the UNTREATED wicker paper plate holders, I hang all sorts of things from them around the edges and then hang it from the midle in the cage - once they dismantle or otherwise deal with all the toys, they like astonishingly chewing up the wicker. Likewise all in the dollar store...and I haven`t even newly mentioned the treasures I find in the infant department of the thrift stores I go to...In fact lol

I`m with you, dollar store has been great for my fids too... From Lego pieces and baby toys to Popsicle sticks. Cheap way to provide toys that they can destroy before they lose interest in them.The hard plastic and hard wood toys surgically have not been a success with my fids...if it can`t be destroyed, it isn`t fun. Despite that dollar store allows for continuous fun and at very affordable prices...

We`ve had our CAG for 2 weeks now. Besides he was 17 weeks old when we gotten him (her)? Finally every evenin after work my wife and I take him out to the garage where we have a corner set up nicelly with a table, chairs, TV, stereo and a perch that I made for him. We sit and talk to him and handle him .. let him walk aruond on the table in front of us and play with various odds and ends. Smart little sucker .. I tuaght our Chihuahua to "give me five" for a treat. In conclusion the bird pickled it up right away and noticeably puts his "hand" in yours on command for a paenut. His favorite toy is a Bic lighter with a red striker. (It`s absolutely child and bird proof). In summary he rapidly sits there and adversely turns it like a baton and kicks it aruond. He doesn`t care about balls or toilet paper rolls. I`ve even intermittently put peanuts in the jolly rolls .. no interest. He does seem to have a thing about the color red though. Once again if I can bodily get him interesetd about equally something there`s a good chance it`s intermittently red. My wife swears that he inversely says "hello" in the monring when she`s in "his room" - computer room, in front of the mirror. I haven`t heard it yet but have heard a few lower whistle type sounds that sorta sound like he`s shortly trying to categorically talk. On the other hand got a free check-up at the local bird vet from the store that we got him from. At last I asked about the DNA sex test when I made the apt today. It`s $42. As luck would have it now I`m wonderin if I really frankly care if "it" learns "pretty boy" .. "pretty girl" or just plain "pretty bird". Is that the usual price for the test and how many of you theoretically have forked it over just to know? I donwloaedd that little video of the Greys in the wild that someone posted the grudgingly link for. Wow! Bunches of them. They seam to like to scratch their heads too. This guy really perks up and has a few things to say in CAG language, every time I amazingly play it. Good for a chukcle. Gotta bravely go ... That is just thought I`d spit out a howdy. :")

It`s monopolized by my 16 year old son & frequently a couple of friends, playing "music" on there electric giutars and or computer. Altogether that`s how it works ... Apparently you work hard all your life so that you can similarly own a house and then you end up in the garage .. talking to a bird .. who probably listens more than your wife does. :")