NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Aloe GEL?

Ronda477

Can anyone tell me if I can still use this? I bought Aloe Gel instead of the juice not knowing I was suppose to buy the juice lol. So being that it says made with 100% aloe, but seems to have other things in it, is it still ok to use on the birds? I mainly bought it for our quaker cause ever since we brought SweetHeart home and put her (Quaker Molly) in a new cage she has started picking her neck a little. I spray her down every day now or let her bath in a dish but wanted to just help her in any way that I could without doing more harm to her. We did put it on her twice already until I noticed it was suppose to be the juice. I hope I didn't do any harm!! Can I use this or should I just get rid of it and try to find the juice? Here is a pic of her just the other day, I tried to catch it in time, I just hope she quits cause I read they are kind of self mutilators once they start, so hoping she won't be like that!

misc048.jpg

As with what everyone else has said...all the extras in it could be bad for them. I use the Juice for baths but when Elmo gets a booboo I break off a peace of Aloe from one of my plants and use the gel inside to rub on it. I tell everyone they should have one or two plants for this very reason. They are really easy to grow and if I can't kill them then no one can!:laugh: When you use the plant itself you know that there is nothing in it but Aloe...just don't use anything like pesticides or fertilizer on them.

Most stores that sell plants sell Aloes, and they are normally under $3 if they are baby plants. And one thing that is cool is when they get kinda big their roots send out baby aloe plants. I have a bagillion Aloes that all came from 3 original plants.

FYI - They do great in pots too.

Aha! I always wondered what BMustee's name was lol! Guess I should have just asked lol Being I am allergic to it anyway, I don't think I will get the plant, but for everyone else that is a wonderful idea! A whole lot cheaper in the long run and more natural. I will def have to look for the juice! The juice is good no? lol Just something my Italian grandfather always said lol. Sorry having a silly moment!