NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Put a deposit on a CAG today

Imme

Yes I have to agree I know soo well how excited you are! I was waiting for our SweetHeart and we have had her now for 4 months. We are now getting a baby Goffin Cockatoo in the beginning of April maybe end of March and we just can't wait! It's still exciting lol.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Videos, how cool is that??? Wendy sends me at least one photo a week, but that's about it. Here's this week's photo; Jenna is the baby in the back. The little boy in the front is Maverick, a VERY sweet, friendly, BIG baby bird with a huge appetite Hehehe His owner got the same picture!

Mav___Jenna_2_25_2008_6_11_41_PM.JPG

Mav___Jenna_2_25_2008_6_11_41_PM.JPG

Yes I have to say the videos are very cool! I get them from the breeder I'm going through now actually for our Goffin Cockatoo. She's on here actually now. TheFeatherHut. She is awesome! But Wendy was great on sending the pics every week for updates, but I have to say the videos and live cams cause I can't get to where she is at is just awesome!

What a gorgeous baby Jenna is! Your probably a very happy Mommy!

Well, we did the drive again today (1 1/2 hours each way) to go visit the grey and toke some more picutres. She said he is 12 weeks old and would be ready to go in about 3 weeks. What do you guys think? Is that too soon (I've heard it should be 16 weeks)? Does he look to be 12 weeks old here?

I also had my first bite today, ouch! That's smarts. Right on the tip of my finger. Drew a little blood too, but glad to get it over and done with as now at least I know what it can be like (sometimes the imagination can be worse).

And he likes to snuggle too. He kept putting his whole head into the crook of my arm, here he had just pulled his head out again.

Oh, I hadn't seen him in two weeks (and only that time before) and the breeder told me to try to pick him out of 12 birds to see if I could refind him. After a couple of minutes I said I had it down to two of them and even of those two which would be my first choice. The first choice was him B) . Mar08c.jpg

Mar08c.jpg

She's not coming home until mid April . . . ~chews off all her fingernails and starts on the toes~

I am trying to visit her once a week so she is at least familiar with me, but it is a long drive . . . Meanwhile I am haunting the forums and the internet and overloading on books about parrots and buying her toys and such ~laughs~ I'll even be rearranging my living room to give her a better location for her cage

Oh, he is such a beautiful baby!!!

Jenna will be 18 weeks old when I (finally) bring her home. I went to visit her this weekend, too ~beams~ She was a bit shy of me at first but she warmed up after I'd been there for a little while, and we had some lovely cuddle time before I had to leave

Imme, those are some good pics of your baby and if you think he is a messy eater then you got a treat in store for you, you ain't seen nothing yet.:laugh:

I think Raposa was just being a little dramatic, I don't think she was saying her baby was chewing off its toes, she meant that she was chewing her fingernails off in anticipation of waiting to bring her baby home.