NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Member HERE

Fletcher

Hello All ,I am from Virginia Beach and i just purchased an African Grey baby hes still being weaned at the breeders and dew to come home in about 3 to 4 weeks , I got my first Grey about 20 years ago .I really like the breeder an there web site Royalbirdcompany.com they have his picture posted there hes #144 and his name is Fletcher , I got him a 40 x 30 Macaw cage with 1in bar spacing .I bought about 10 toys for rotating before i realised that i could make my own i built a large roll around perch which came out so good i might print the plans ,this guy is going to be spoiled rotten. I have most of the books and now ive found a good site,,,cheers all Sam

Hello Sam and welcome to the family, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey baby.

I am from VA too, I am from the southwest part of the state and I have lived here all my life.

Do you still have the first grey you purchased about 20 years ago? Is your new grey a Cag or a Tag?

Wow he will have a huge cage with plenty of room to play and stretch his wings and you can never have too many toys. I'd agree that this grey is going to be spoiled rotten just like all of ours are.

Glad to hear that you have read most of the books on greys and you will learn a lot from the threads here on this forum, browse thru them for helpful information and ask questions. We do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Fletcher you would like to share with us we would love to see him and also of the roll around perch you built.

I know you are counting the days until you can bring the little guy home but it will pass by quickly.

Welcome Sam!!

I went to the site also and found the photo of the entire clutch, so I assume one of them has a leg band #144? :-)

There is a ton of good information on that breeders site. I must say, I am impressed with their facilities and standards. :-)

Looking for to hearing more and seeing photos as time and growth progresses.

Sam I just checked out the web site where you purchased your grey and saw yours, a beautiful baby I must say and very healthy looking. I see they are located in NC, I will have to check them out to see where abouts in the state they are, I may want to visit them sometime. Thats a very reasonable price for one also.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Skuffy

Hey Bird Lovers...Quick question...After your Grey has been clipped how long B4 there flight feather grow back..? Any ideas drop me a line..B)