NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Play Area

casper

I would like to design some kind of play area for Charlie around his cage.He only likes to be near his cage.I have bought him playstands and he is just not interested in them.Does anyone have any ideas or pictures to show me to get me started please? Caroline.:unsure:

Is the top of the cage flat? I have a play top on the cage, it came that way actually but I'm sure you can safely attach one if the cage top is flat. Put some posts and they have this rope that has two ends to it where you can attach it to the cage kind of like a perch, well it is really but flexible, you can put this outside the cage and turn the rope so it's like a little adventure from one side of his cage to the other, but on the outside of it. Use posts outside and hang some toys on them. Just some ideas. I know Cockatoos love this, but they like more toys in thier cages than the greys do, but don't go over board just a few and things attached to the outside will kind of be an adventure

A great big thankyou to lovemyGreys for her link. Was really useful. Found the supplier on ebay.Just spoke to him and he is making Charlie some great toys and a playstand for next weekend. He also has a houseful of parrots that I cant wait to see when we go over there:)