NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to Forum

Imme

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have been considering getting a CAG for sometime now and starting to inquire how to go about adopting one myself. I have read a couple of books, many web-sites, and even talked to a breeder this weekend (not sure if he is the one though). Somewhere in all of this information I bumpped into this web-site and found it very useful. So I decided I would sign up in hopes of being able to ask questions and have an outlet into this world of Greys.

Imme: Welcome to our family. You are about to enter a lifelong relationship that requires a huge commitment. You have come to the right place. There are many threads on deciding weather or not to buy a grey. There are a lot of questions you must ask yourself to see if a grey is right for you. So please ask away here as you'll get all the response you need.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.

Bruce & Mazy

Hello Imme and welcome to the family, glad you want to get an african grey.

You are doing the right thing in researching and reading all you can before you make the plunge, this is a big decision and one that is not to be taken lightly. This is a bird with a long lifespan and you should only committ to it if you realize this is for a lifetime, yours and the greys.

Do read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and ask as many questions as you may have, we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

Keep us informed as to what you decide to do but if you decide to become a grey owner you will not be disappointed, they are awesome creatures.:)

Hi Imme:

Greys are wonderful pets but also a big commitment. Have you ever had any birds before? It is very wise that you are doing your research before making the plunge! If you do end up getting one you will find it can be a great friend and family member. Let us know what questions you have.

Welcome to the forum.

Lyric,

I have had Tiels in the past, but currently don't have any birds. I do have a beautiful saltwater fish tank, but I consider that more of a hobby then a pet. I've tried, but never been able to pet one of the fish yet :laugh: .