NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Plucking

SammysMom227

If he hasn't seen an avian vet in a while that is the first thing for you to do to rule out any physical reasons for the plucking. If he gets a clean bill of health then it is behavioral or has something to do with his environment. Greys can pluck for various reasons but get the physical reasons out of the way first.

Why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us a little about you and this grey.:P

Thank you for the advice. I will bring him to a vet ASAP. I appreciate all the input. I'll be back in touch and let everyone know what's going on...it might help someone else.

As for going into the welcome room, I will at a little later time. I don't mean to be rude, but I have alot going on right now.

;)

Hi Everyone,

I wanted you all to know I took Sammy to the vet today & he did not feel that there were any medical concerns. He thought he had developed dry skin when we stayed in our cabin in Georgia for about 10 days. It was cold there and we ran the heat alot. His advice to start was: to increase his bathing to once a day I usually kept it only 1-2 times per week), use a vitamin mist with omega oils and change his diet. He was on a high sunflower seed diet (which HE loved), but it is not the best for him. We are starting with these changes and monitor him each day. Thank you all for the great advice & all the concern. I will check back with you from time to time.

SammysMom appreciates all of you.