NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to Grey Forums

Hi, my name is Mike, and I recently purchased a 10 year old Congo Grey named Rascal. The breeder said he'd bought her from a couple going through a divorce and moving, and he was going to have her as a breeding bird, but she turned out to not have any interest in the males he had, so here we are.

I've been reading quite a few posts on this site, and have learned a lot! Rascal and I have been getting to know each other quite well, but there's still a lot left for us to do. One of those things is for her to learn that sometimes I just need to be the boss, whether it's a time she wants to be on my shoulder and I'm not in the mood for that, or eventually when I need to be able to hold her still to safely clip her wings.

Even though there are still some issues, I guess I shouldn't expect to have been any further, given that I am new to owning birds and have only had rascal for 3 weeks now. I really am quite pleased with how far we've come already.

Thanks for creating such a wonderful forum!

Hello Mike and welcome to the family, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Rascal, what a name for a grey and I bet he lives up to it too.

I can relate to her not wanting anything to do with the breeding males, she just did not want any part of their shenigans, besides she is better off being a pet who is loved and adored for being just herself.

You will gather lots of useful information by reading thru the threads here on this forum, we have a lot of knowledgeable people who enjoy sharing what they know. Do not hesitate to ask specific questions you may have, we will do our best to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Rascal you would like to share with us we would love to see her.

hey mike

i am about do to the same thing you did.

I am very close to getting a 4 year old male congo african grey named Cinco.

And Welcome!

So if i have any questoins about first bringing him home can i private message you?

other than just posting a topic? cuase i will do that to B)