NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What the Hec is she doing??

Shamelessmuse

I just got home and Greyce has been a nut! First she was fanning her tail and flapping her wings. Now she keeps getting going in the water bolw and flapping her wings, then out and fanning her tail and flapping her wings...then back in the water dish and flapping her wings and fanning her tail. Then she slings water...back out flapping about and fanning her tail, general chaos around the cage, attacks the water bowl and then gets in, flapping, ect...I thought maybe she wanted a bath, she was not a fan of the water bottle. I put a bowl with water in the bottom, wasn't interested. She seems aggitated though...:(

She is just trying to take a bath, Josey does the same thing in her water bowl but if I put a larger bowl in the bottom of the cage she ignores it. She will fling water all over the place trying to get herself wet in the smaller bowl but if I take her in to the bathroom and try to bathe her she protests, go figure.:blink:

She's just bathing and it makes no difference what size her bowl is in the cage. Everything that;s happening concerning the mess is not unusual. It doesn't matter if you put another bowl in the cage after she starts bathing. She'll stay with the original one. Even if you give her a complete bath, there's a chance that she'll still do the same thing immediately after you finish cause it's nature telling her to do it. She's not attacking the bowl, just trying to adjust it and that can't be stopped. Everything that the bird does that's visual to you will make you think she's agitated but she isn't. The flapping is natural. Sometimes, they even growl or bark.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2008/02/07 21:46