NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Scratching head

tracey2001_2000

It is normal to loose the little baby white dander fluff feathers it may be the first stage of molt as judy & Bruce have said,keep an eye on him,if it is extremely excessive scratching for long periods of time check there is no sore patches.if you can see if there is any new pin feathers appearing any where ?

Hi Tracy,

It could also be that his skin is becoming too dry or he has some pin feathers coming in. If it's pin feathers on his neck and face, you can help him out by giving scratches where he can't reach.

Also, do a search for Aloe Juice and you will find a very informative thread on using it. Most of us purchase Aloe Juice (not gel) and use a mister to spray our Greys down with thoroughly at least 2x a week. This removed existing dust from them and softens and sooths their skin. :-)

That's good to hear Tracey :-)

Yes, they are dear to us, just like one of our own children. We all fret and worry over them at every sneeze and hiccup. We all know how you feel when somethings wrong. That's what is so encouraging about this forum and it's users. We understand each other and how important our Greys and other bids are to us. People who do not own Greys or other Parrots, think your crazy for paying such close attention to your Grey.

Post anytime, Greys and their owners are our passion. :-)

My grey is almost two years old, and did the same thing, now it could be just normal at the moment.... If you see red spots, or anything that is red, then you will need to get it checked out, because my grey started to have red around the eyes, and my vet is treating my bird right now and keeping an eye on her....

Just make sure you keep eye on that, and give her showers at least twice week, and give fruit/veggies to eat little bit.

Also you can get red palm oil to use on your bird, that helped my bird little bit. Also you can get air filter that might help.