NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Milestones for Cosmo

Ladybug01976

It has been a little over two weeks and we have hit so many major milestones I really thing this guy is very bonded with me and is starting to bond with everyone else. When I first got him he was in bad shape had raw plucked areas.. Was in a cage that was so small he could hardly move and was very cage aggressive. He took up with me right away and pretty much has let me do whatever I want with him though sometimes he puts up a protest he usually gets over it pretty quick. When I got him his diet consisted of seeds and cereal.. He was very lethargic and to be honest I was not sure that he was going to make it.. I handfed him for a week through a suringe 3 times a day and gave him fresh fruits and veggies and he regained back his strength. He refused pellets altogether but now eats them along with a organic diet .. He loves bean sprouts and veggies , greens, and I feed him a natural mix of grains, oats, pellets,and organic fruit and very little seed.I have been the one handling him from day one.. My oldest daughter is scared of birds because my amazon is a one person bird and isn't very nice to anyone but me and has divebombed her a few times and so she has been scared of birds ever since. Well, she has loved cosmo since day one and he has allowed her to pet him and so forth so yesturday I encouraged her to try to get him to step up on her which he reluctently did , and the rest is history she loves him even more now:) He also stepped up on my 3 year old son who is just as gentle as can be.. This bird is just truley amazing he has never bitten me he has acted like he was going to when trying to get him out of his cage but i think that is all a ploy to look like a big bad bird lol.. But he is just as sweet as can be and has really come along great and is just like any other bird. It is hard to believe he was such a neglected bird before. You sure couldn't tell it now.. Here is a slideshow of his milestones.Thanks for letting me share!

Please click on the link to view.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/ebayseller05/birds/?action=view¤t=915de969.pbw<br><br>Post edited by: Ladybug01976, at: 2008/02/06 15:50

What a nice job you have done in helping him mend back to health and happiness Ladybug. :-)

The slide show was great with the captions you placed in it. I had to copy and paste the link into my browser though, it would not work from the link itself that you posted. Maybe if you edit your post, delete that link and copy/paste it back in it will work properly for everyone. :-)

Cosmo just needed the right person to make him come out of his shell and you are it, that is so wonderful that he has been such a sweetheart, he knows he has found heaven and is rolling in the glory. Thanks Ladybug for the update on Cosmo.:P

You need to do something about the link, it does not take you to your slideshow, opps:huh: