NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Propel?

jimmycoop2005

Well Jimmy - Based on the ingredients, it looks like it may not be bad for them in moderation. The sugar is a little high, but it does have good componenets too:

Ingredients:

Water, sucrose syrup, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium citrate, potassium citrate, sucralose, vitamin C, vitamin E acetate, niacinamide, calcium disodium EDTA, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, acesulfame potassium, vitamin B12.

Nutrition Facts:

Serving size: 8 fl oz (240 ml); Servings per container: About 3; Amount per serving: Calories: 10; Total fat: 0g; Total carbohydrates: 3g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 0g; Vitamin C: 10%; Vitamin E: 10%; Niacin: 25%; Vitamin B6: 25%; Vitamin B12: 4%; Pantothenic acid: 25%

Shamelessmuse wrote:

Way too much sugar and sodium for a bird baby! I would not let her have any of that. Look for some natural, unsweetened apple juice or the like.

It's hard sometimes to deny them the things they like, but often times what is good for us isn't so good for the critters.;)

He only had a little. I was worried after he had some so he didn't get any more. Thanks for the tip about apple juice though, I will have to see if he will like that.

BMustee wrote:

I know that Pedialyte is good for birds if they are being shipped, sick, or over stressed.

I defiantly didn't know that. That is neat, do you know of any other juices and stuff he might like?<br><br>Post edited by: jimmycoop2005, at: 2008/02/05 08:04

Yeah, the Pedialyte is for dehidration prevention in kids and it replaces electrolytes in the system. The aviary I got my Star finches from told me to give them the plain/original kind instead of water the first day home. From my understanding it's not as packed with sugar as the other stuff.