NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

alfie on the bottle

alfie2008

I would be careful with that, even though I'm sure it's really cute. Not only is beer bad for birds, but human saliva is full of bacteria that is bad for them as well so even if he's not getting any beer, he may be "licking" the bottle where your husband had his mouth. Probably not getting anything enough to be troublesome, but thought I'd let you know.

Lisa

That is funny Alfie, maybe your Grey has joined the "Wuz Up" gain from last years Budweiser commercial wit the Parrots all calling out "Wuz Up" when the shop owner leaves. :-)

You can watch the commercial on YouTube.com, it is fairly comical.

Hi there

Yea, that is something to be careful of.

And these little buggers are highly intelligent and really fast. As part of the flock they always want to do what you do. Once Gizmo were sitting on my shoulder while I was having a glass of Cape Velvet liqueur. Before I even had time to respond, Gizmo dunked his whole beak into the glass and had a mouth full.

Now I'm really careful about what I eat or drink around him.

Hanna

Liath is obviously a tee totaller because she prefers tea :S I am terrified that she will get burned so I am constantly trying to have a cup on the sly. I feel like an alcoholic trying to hide my drinking from the bird!

She is busy destroying something in the sitting room and I head to the kitchen to get a few mouthfuls!!

Siobhan