NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Poll on Sexing of Congo Greys

Connie

No, no offense, of course not. Actually, many breeders say despite the various techniques of head shape, tail feather coloring, etc. in sexing Greys that the only sure way is DNA.*

Reta

*or surgical sexing.<br><br>Post edited by: chapala, at: 2008/02/05 02:44

Connie wrote:

You should make it a contest, if you plan on sexing him/her. Guess the sex of BMustee's baby! :)

{Feel-good-0002006E} Yeah, have everyone place bets! I'll call the lab and you all can call your bookies. Elmo does look like a female but he(she) looks just like Daddy. One of these days I will DNA him.

• 1 year later...

I have a DNA sexed Male and Female TAG. The female is going through her first molt now (I cannot wait until it is over, she looks so ragity).

But I have heard this about head shape before and with looking at my two I can say that the feamle has a rounder head, but the male always fluffs out his neck feathers in a way to make his head look more flat, where the female does not fluff out her neck feathers and her head looks rounder. I will see if I have a good picture of both of them. My avatar pic may be good.

Round, flat, obtuse, triangular heads and feathers combed in flat top, pompadour , Betty Davis eyes etc......there is no way to tell the sex with out DNA.

It's all old wives tales and hogwash. Thank God DNA testing was invented. Otherwise the only way to tell was surgically or if your Grey laid an Egg. ;-)