NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Painting

Bailey

Ok so we are about to remodel our home. I am wanting to start by painting the living room. I am wondering if I were to move Shay and Sam into our spare bedroom would they be safe from the fumes. We have a two way fan to move freash air around and it is of course a heated room. I was thinking about possibly stuffing a towel under the door. If all those precautions were taken would they be safe??

I have just done some decorating and I too worried about the smells. I was decorating the bathroom, so I ensured the windows were open to help get rid of the smells. When I have painted the lounge before, I moved my two greys to the dining room. I ensured the lounge door was closed and again opened windows to help with the fumes.

Obviously goes without saying about being careful with open windows incase of escape.

I fully understand your concerns, and for me I am always pleased when the work is all done and my birds are safely back in the room they know.

Hello Bailey,

The plans you have outlined for your Grey sounds good.

I would suggest looking into the many "Pet Safe" paints that are now available on the market now, if you haven't already purchased the paint. The plus is, they are also "people friendly" and better for your families health as well. :-)

danmcq wrote:

I would suggest looking into the many "Pet Safe" paints that are now available on the market now, if you haven't already purchased the paint. The plus is, they are also "people friendly" and better for your families health as well. :-)

Thanks Dan for that tip, I am going to check those out the next time we repaint rooms.:P

Ok here is a people and petsafe paint but its magnetic.. It would be really cool for the kids room not so much for my living room.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/paints-stains-finishes/magic-wall-magnetic-paint-004338

Here is a website with completely safe organic wall paint..

http://www.annasova.com/content/FAQs.asp?section=HEALTHY%20WALL%20FINISH

Petsafe wood sealer

www.biopreserve.com

just fyi incase anyone is thinking of remodeling..