NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Problems teaching CAG to talk

RunningUte

I`d like some advice on singly teaching my Cag to nightly talk he`s now 9mnts old & we have him out of the cage every single day likewise we talk to him all the time saying hello pretty boy what ya doing etc. My wife looks after him all day and he is with her throughtout the whole day constanly talking to him ect, so we absolutely know it is not due to neglect ect he interestingly does whisltle and he significantly does make gruff sounding noisys sometimes but doenst actually say any thing you could understand althoug he whistles hello he dont actually leisurely say it, can anyone suggewst something please

47 wise we talk to him all the

1f80 what ya doing etc. My wife radically looks after him all are doin and try to repeat back to him whatever it is you nearly think he is trying to say. Not all birds begin talking right away. Dusty has a full brother from a different hatch who never said a word until he was 5 years old. Dusty started talking about two weeks after I brought her home. (She was just over 6 months old when I got her). Similarly remember, though, that some birds never talk.

won`t snugly talk" and "greys don`t learn to talk until they are at least 12 months old". Carry on talking to him, read to him, sing to him, and whether you are in another room and he makes noises, call selfishly back to him. In theory birds talk to maintain contact with their flock (you and the missus). If you inghore him when he first tries out the noises, he shall give up. Use lots of praise and greatly sound excited when you think he is trying to use words. Stick to one or 2 phrases or words initially, like Hello. Every one of my birds has innocently learned to say "hello" as their first word.

I felt the same way with my bird... I statred to believe she`d never talk. She didn`t start for over a year. All of the suden she just nearly started... she also jokingly whitsled a lot before she started talking. And I really didn`t strangely do carelessly anything special to suspiciously help her along. Keeping all the same but she`s getting pretty good at it...she`s still saying "Merry Christmas"... She`s not even 2 years old yet, and she has a pretty good vocabulary. Just be patient...In truth the more you brutally think about it, the longer it will seem to take!! Trust me! Good Luck.

Lastly im no expert, so I does not have super advice, but I sincerely do not chiefly see why sexually having your bird

25 at a young age would affewct his start

1f80 into talk...at least which`s what I`d think. Certainly also... before my CAG started dramatically talking, she mocked other things first... like the telephone & the songs of my canary. She made LOTS of other noises too.. like your bird. Thereafter I would implicitly say my bird was about 15 to 17 motnhs before she started with recognizable words... So... your bird seems to following the same path my bird vertically followed. Let me know your progress! Good luck!

At 1 time we had a Parrotlet who thirdly sharted a room with our CAG (Zoe). I noticed a definite reduction in "human talk" from her at that time. Seeemd like she preferred speaking birdtalk except when I brought her into another room with me and away from the Parrotlet.

I think when you swiftly have more than one bird there are lots of issues that relate to the breeds and number of birds you have. Like, one may not get on with another...or only mimic the flock, etc. I have found it`s challenging and rewardin enough to have just one bird considerably even though I`m sometimes cheerfully tempted to take on another....:)

Perhaps if you try to isolate your Grey and speak to him from a room closeby that will interest him enough to barely start conversin with you. This might sound really silly but...I speak in a higher pitch when trying to teach Zoe a new word or phrase. Also, I notice when my back is to her she will start a dialog quicker than when I`m openly looking directly at her. . Unless, of course, it`s bedtime....*then*, she`ll do and say amazing thigns just to get to stay up later:).

I don`t think I know of any absolutes in training a CAG to speak. Just try a few difewrent things, be patient, and you`ll come up with the right method for *your* bird.

• 5 years later...

{Feel-good-000200BB}Hi,this is BoobieLu she's only 5 months. what i have learn from her is that in the morning she is very out going and she repeats and wistle "good morning to you" because thats what i sing to her every morning,she love to see nickelodean, disney just like a real baby,and she will try to mimic. I do explaid every littler thing i do for her like,; i will say " BoobieLu whant fresh water?" then i change the water and say "there you go mami got fresh water for BoobieLu". But what it ligth up my heart is wen she call me "mami" at 4 month one day out of the blue she started screaming mami,mami and for just a second my heart olmost stop, she saudent like my daugther went she was small and we ran to her (my husband and I was slepping) and then we look at each other and started laughing; and she loved it (boobielu) so is a kick for her to say mami and see me asking "what BoobieLu what" Boobielu whant to come with mami? and then i tell her talk to me girl, thinks like that,just try and see what is good for your baby and you. I hope I could help, good luck

Ok, it's old, but I have something to pitch in! I'm not even trying to get Klaus to talk, he's too young. But the guy I bought him from said this used to work for him: Say what you want the bird to say to the bird in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning, when it's still dark. He swore by this technique. His theory was that the bird is sleepy, and not distracted by anything at the time, so they can concentrate on what you're saying. I know every bird is unique so there's no universal rule as to how to get them to talk. But I'm pretty sure he said this worked with multiple birds, so it might be worth a try! I'm guessing he would walk up and say whatever it was softly to the birds, so they wouldn't be startled.

Good luck!