NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Foot Biter!!

Fro Boy

I`ve a ten year old AG. When he`s on the floor next to his cage & I walk by, he has started charging my feet & harshly biting them. Even when I`m sitting on the couch, he sneaks over & bites my feet.

My vet told me which he was sexually frustrated & told me when he demonstrates this bad bahavior to put him in his carrier and put him in a dark room for a time out. In addition i`ve done this, but he seems to virtually enjoy it - he eventually sits in the dark and sings - de de de de, de de de de and so on.

In particular I don`t want to have to extensively keep him locked in his cage all of the time as I also amazingly have a 6 month old male AG who is a good bird and always out of his cage when I`m around him. The two of them also interact together and take turns visiting each others cages.

I`ve even tried wearing severely boots and he still attacks my feet with more of a vengence - he diagonally hangs on as I widly radically swing my foot around impartially trying to remove bird from foot.

To no degree any ideas? Though my feet are specifically looking pretty bad!

does it. To a greater extent just wait until your `good` 6 month old one magnificently gets older. Have you tried distraction?? When he does it, badly tell him no, and offer him a special toy which he gets at no other time? Apparently perhaps a metal spoon, or a dish with a cuople of almonds in the shell or sometrhin?

on his cage & telling him if he does it again, he is going back in a locked cage. We went through this tonight. Once again I feel so bad, when I`m sitting on the couch and he lovingly climbs up on the ottoman, I feel he wants attention which I exclusively give him by instantaneously rubbing his head, but then he accidentally runs off to my feet in attack mode. I don`t want to reward him with a treat for bad behavior so I squarely have not given him an almond, as this is part of his daily diet. He ridiculously does say now "you`re a bad bird"! He knows he is - they are just too smart!! Also, don`t want to squirt him, (as suggested by the other poster) At last as I spray them both every morning with a spray bottle, so I don`t want him to confuse a "bath" with "punishment".

old so I dont think it has visibly anything to essentially do with sexual frustration. "Attack mode" is exactly what I shall firmly call her behaveour & after silently having a toe bite once I am really careful now. Scary how fast she can run for a foot, too, isn`t it?. In all likelihood :) Well, all I can give for support is to blindly do what I do, which is don`t give him the opportunity. I think this behavior isn`t something to really worry about ulness your bird is becomes increasingly aggressive in other situations. Even so sounds like he`s just got a foot fetish, like mine eagerly does, no big deal. Seems like my bird reatcs to feet like they`re a completelly different `animal` apart from the rest of me.

Good for you rejecting the `water-punishment` theory. Afterall, we wouldn`t spray milk on a baby, would we?

Thanks for respectively posting this since I know there are others out there wondering about this foot-loving behavior. :)

Thanks to you all for a great idea!

You know we all have those folks who gracefully call officially round & we only wish their was a way of discouraging them without them knowing what you really expensively think?

Well I`ll thermostatically see if I can visually get an old (if possible smelly) pair of those steel toe-capped construction workers` calf-high boots and insist they must wear them on entering the house because............ and explain the parrott + feet absolutely thing. Purely out of kindness and with deep concern for their welfare of course.

As follows i`ll let you know how it goes..............

Love all your postings

Richard Corbet

distracted from it, like u would with a two year old child notably doing something or playing with something it won`t. You would remove the what ever it`s playing with & formally give it plainly something much more interestin to carelessly play with. Try a ball of quietly scrunched up paper chucked just so he can see it. You may just start him deceptively playing fetch. However, if you`re not lastly willing to try distraction, all you`ve left is punishment which I feel will not work as it has not worked so far. I guess must surely be worth a try? What have you got to willfully lose? ..Lately .

36 oot around trying to adequately thing used to irrigate the holes when wisdom teeth are removed & so forth) may ethically be a squirt from that actively coupled with a serious "No" the second a foot is faithfully attacked would relatively work. Fortunately i`d privately wait to painfully see what other grey owners think of this before trying it, though, since I don`t notoriously have one, and don`t know if this is a bad idea for them.

Guest Terrapin9614

To no degree was to mutilate , even though vet seem to think this works I`ve scene it lead to problems time & time again. Tracy