NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

i need some help =[

steph

i cant get my bird to stop chewing up newspaper he is so making me mad and when i tell him to stop it or dont do that and i say bad boy he starts laughing at me:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:<br><br>Post edited by: steph, at: 2008/02/08 17:32

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL- Yep, they love shredding paper and then moving on to wood etc. :-)

He could be biting you out of excitement or just testing you for reaction or saying let me play. Pay careful attention to his body language to determine which it is and also to see it coming. If you catch it before hand, just say No Bite so he understands cause and effect.

:angry: he thinks its funny when i tell him to stop it he keeps laughing at me none stop' so i gave up on him and i put his lil ass in the cage.. until he is over his mood problems.. and when i put him then.. he been trying to say something, i did cuss at him not to long ago so lets hope he does not pick that up! :unsure: :ohmy: :blush:<br><br>Post edited by: steph, at: 2008/02/08 22:27

They do love tearing up paper, why don't you give him some junk mail to tear up and destroy, it will keep him busy for a while.:P

Do be careful of what you say around them, they do pick up new words easily and they can tell by the tone of the voice that certain words are pronounced more excitedly and that includes cuss words. You definitely don't want to hear them repeated back to you.:ohmy:

Lisa, just try putting the toys close by the cage so she can see them and get used to having them around and then put them in her cage and play with them yourself to show her you are having fun with them. They can be very skittish about new things and some more so than others but work on it slowly and she should accept them more readily.