NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Anyone Else??

Bailey

Anyone else feel scared before bringing home your grey?? I swear I have a million emotions going on.. It is comparable to having my human kids.. Honestly I didn't know I would be worried so much that everything is ready. I have checked and rechecked my list of stuff that will be needed and rearranged the cage at least ten times :unsure: I am excited and happy defiantly BUT I can't sleep! I feel kind of excited and queasy all at the same time I know that sounds crazy.. What did everyone else feel like before you all got your grey's?

Hi Bailey, your emotions sound quite normal so dont worry, for thoose of us who have kids i quite often compare it to that experience.I was the same before i got my first two greys,anxious,excited,unable to sleep,& im still like it now with four greys they are like my extended children.:)

LOL Bailey, your right!! I remember the same feelings and it is like preparing for the arrival of a new baby. :-)

The anticipation and excitement has kept most of us tossing and turning the night before the big day of home coming. Welcome to the Grey World :P It's just started for you!!

Luckily all the Co-Workers here are short little people they are my kids:) But my friends and family do treat me like you just explained they think I am absolutly crazy!:) Bill my boyfriend thinks it is an awesome idea he even wants his own.. Well I am not sharing unless I have to.;) Thanks for the moral support! I really am getting hooked on this forum already!

Bailey, its like waiting for Christmas morning and I understand where you are coming from. I remember back to when I first got Josey, she is the biggest parrot I own, I also have a sun conure and I was so excited and a little apprehensive of bringing her home. But you get over it real quickly and now I wonder how I got along without her for so long a time.

And as for sharing your grey, you never know it may choose your bf as it's favorite, they do make that selection on their own.:whistle:

I understand your addiction to this site, I find I cannot stay away for long myself, sometimes I think I have an umbilical cord attached.:laugh: :laugh:

I understand the way you feel. I was the same for months before my little one came to live with me 3 1/2 wks ago.

I was so excited, it was very hard for me to take the breeders advise and "start our how I meant to carry on" with her. I wanted her with me every second.

It's only been short, but what a beautiful adventure, I'm every bit in love wiht her that I thought I would be, and more!

I hope the time flies by quickly for you until you have yours.

lol Bailey I agree and you nailed every emotion I had before I got my TAG. I was scared and didn't know if I would be a good mom or not, and I already have two children of my own lol. I know I had sleepless nights too. The breeder every week would send me photos of my baby cause we are in WV and she was in TX. I would set those photos for the background of my computer lol. Hope the time goes by quickly for you!