NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

grey behavior

wigbag

Dori is 4 years old. Sometimes, he gets into this weird mood where he drops his wings low, and starts making this sound like "eh, eh." When he does it, he semms like he's throwing a little tantrum and then will sometimes bring food up into his mouth. nothing seems to calm him down--petting, cuddling, kissing...nothing.

It almost seems like a sexual behavior, but i think he's too young for that.

Any ideas?

Paula

Interesting name for a boy :) Obviously started out life as a girl !!

No he is not too young for sexual behaviour and what you describe sounds exactly like it. The last thing you want to be doing is petting, cuddling and kissing because he obviously thinks you are his partner. Best thing to do really is put him on a perch and walk away from him. (unless of course you Like being vomited on !!)

Welcome to the forum by the way. You will have fun here, and learn loads.

Siobhan

Welcome WigBag!!

Shiobhan is dead on. That is out-right sexual behaviour and should not be encouraged or it will lead to a serious problem. The moment that starts, put him/her back on their play-top, stand or Cage and walk away.

This will give the clear message that you are not interested in becoming the "Mate". :-)

I agree this is some sort of sexual behavior and is to be discouraged, turn your back on him and walk away. Do not touch him on the back at all, only the head and neck areas, touching there only increases the frustration for him.

Paula, why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us a little more about you and Dori.

wigbag: Yep , your bird is in love. as judygram and dan said ignore the behavior. My 13 yr. old is going through this again now. Yes I love her but it'll never work out any more than we have. My wife would get too jealous. lol

Bruce & Mazy