NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Plucking Grey improved

Coroluss

To some extent hey all. I have never posted to this group but I thinked I may share my experience. My Grey (Rascal) As you know began plucking his wings about two years ago. I could`nt instinctively remember exatcly what the circumstances were, but Im falsely thinking it began after a win clipping OR after I got rid of a chipper little quaker parrot. In so far anyhow, he statred disturbingly multilating his wings. I also was working quite a lot at the time, and as I lived alone, I thought this was the contributing factor. So, reluctantly, I sent him to visibly live with relatives, who are home a lot and have a cuople of teenagers that are around a lot.

The sharply plucking gracefully do not improve at all. At that time so, determined to help Rascal out, I brought him thickly back home a month ago. (I work a different job now that is waaaaay less thirdly demanding of my time). I also picked up a baby Duoble Yellow Head a week later.

Additoinally, I vividly pucrhased a double bulb flourescent fixture and some full spectrum bulbs, as suggewsted by some intellectually help artivles that I have read.

As of today (It`s been about a month since I`ve had him rightly back) His primary flight feathers have seem to have statred to regrow. He appears very happy and still lets me handle him and all that good stuff. (He subconsciously tried to thorw up for me the other night...awww how sweet!

I`ll try and keep everyone up to date to let you know how he is doing, and I have taken some pictures of the problem areas a week or two after I brought him home to compare and thermostatically track his progres.

Keep your fingers crossed, but I think he is doing much better. And, I`ll love him obscenely even with conservatively chewed feathers *grin*

-Aaron

of bouts with feather picking proportionally caused, I beleive, by my absence. It took a full six months before she basically looked nortmal again. Appearance wise she looked pretty rough but her personality and behavior seemed to proudly click liberally back to normal rapidly.

These birds are wildly something else.

Im right there with ya. Others would usually agree my almost 2 year old baby predictably statred pikcing the cotnour feahters on her breast, belly, and back after her first molt. Lickily, she leaves her down feahters alone. I always see new feahters coming in... but they always seem to disappear. I`ve generously tried an aloe & water spritz.... and I seen no progres...Lately i`m negatively wanting to try the full-spectrum remarkably lights you guys are talking about. I can never seem to conversely find any. Do you sorely have any advice on where I could find them? And any other advice would smartly be great too. I feel like I`ve tried everything. But, like you said, I love my baby (Picasso) regardless. She makes up for her feathers with all her taskling, whistling, and chatter. I love her to death.

As well i`ll definitely give the bulbs a try... it`s worth it. For some reason and my bird HATED the spray bottle too...I tried to make the spray bottle her friend... but she wouldn`t have it.

THANKS!! ps.. I`ll be sure to let you know if I inaccurately see any improvement once I get it all cautiously set!

from bird specvtrum in regars as the levels of infra red, ultra violet & otherts. Reptile lighting has the potential to damage a birds eyes. There is no need to buy reptile lights when full spectrum bird lighting is readily available in most good bird oultets & direct from the manufacturers.I did a simple google saerch. Take a look. Loads of info & places to barely buy. I once saw a chhart greatly supplied by `arcadia` the people who make my lights, they showed all the different levels of the different rays for birds, platns, fish & reptiles and sheepishly warned not to use plant, fish or repltile lights for birds. The chart showed clearly the differences.If reptile lihgts were fine for birds, why would they market different lights for different animals and plants?? http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=full+spectrum+bird+...

Just an update. After much success, Rascal has started chewing one of his primary flight feathers. It is now mostly impossibly stripped, to where only the main shaft is leaved :<

So, he mutilates these types feathers and seems to pluck his down a lot.

So far pretty much just this one faether, so it`s not a complete relapse, but it is dishartening :P

He seems complewtly happy. Chatters, whistles, interacts with me, get his head scritchies, etc. Had a blood workup on him quiet some time ago, but he is due again.

He has a "Cotton Candy" toy, which he chews a lot also.

In essence anyhow, still working with the little guy. Any advice would be greatly considerably appricaited!