NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby food revisited

Laurie

Ok, I bought a tiny jar of sweet potato baby food.

Ingredient list: Sweet potatoes, water. :)

I warmed it up, and broke up little pieces of whole wheat bread. Then I dipped the bread in and fed it to Klaus. He LOVED it!

As a busy, working mom, I don't always have time to pick up and prepare fresh veggies for the bird, so I think this will be a convenient way to make sure Klaus gets a nice, nutritious treat!

It was fun feeding it to him, and when he was done he just sat for a while making his "contented" noise (beak grinding).

Yes, I started the Organic Gerber Babyfood as well! Echo loves most of them that she tried.

Not only is it convenient, its cheap! Baby Food or Oatmeal is usually the breakfast of choice before I leave for work. As for flavors, its hit and miss. She likes some, doesn't touch others.

I have been putting apple baby food into my grey's formula. He loves it but I'm gonna try your oatmeal thing with veggies - awesome idea - thanx. I never thought he'd go for the beby veggies but he's way past weaning age - maybe this will nudge him.

I talked to a CAG breeder here in Nebraska today and he brought up another good idea using baby food. They use it to convert new birds they get in to pellets.. Add pellets to baby food and daily ease off the babyfood gradually. This idea I guess works well with all types of warm smooshy food you can feed greys.