NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

Bonnie

Hello everyone. I am a new member and am excited to learn more about this wonderful bird. I am a first time owner and have a lot to learn. My bird's name is Scarlet (the same Scarlet that new member Rick Farnkopf will be writing about). She is 1 1/2 years old. What I do know is that Scarlet and I have bonded and we enjoy each others company. I would like to know more about training her to talk (although she has picked up many words on her own). I would also like to know how they like to have fun, like what games they like to play.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Hello Bonnie welcome here :) I am happy you joined us and wish you lots of fun here and know that you will find all answers regarding Greys here, with this wonderful bunch of people I am proud to call my forummembers and family :)

Hi Bonnie , cooltext68166787.jpg

as for talking, just talk to her, you will know if she is intrested/listening to you they tend to tilt their head a little to one side ;)

As for games they are all individual what one may like another may hate,mine like throwing toys on the floor & watching me pick them up :S

Welcome Bonnie and Scarlet!!

Scarlet will pick up words you use when interacting with her. Such as Step-up, pretty girl, wanna grape etc. It is best to associate an item or action with words, so they connect and take on a true meaning to the bird. These Greys are smart as a whip and will tell you so, if you teach them :-)

They love shredding things like paper, wood, leafy veggies and playing with toys in and out of their cages. They also get a big kick out of simple games like "Peek a Boo".

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos when you get a chance.

Hi, and welcome!

Klaus doesn't talk regularly yet, so I have no tips on that. As far as playing, he basically just likes to hang out with me (on me) and does his own thing with his toys. I do pick up thrown toys for him, and also "rassle" him which is just gently putting my hand on his back and shaking him up a tiny bit.

Hello Bonnie and welcome to the family, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Scarlet.

I am happy to hear you have bonded with her and you are enjoying her company, you have a lifetime companion and it only gets better from here on.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information including training her and fun games to play with her. Do not hesitate to ask specific questions you may have and we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictures of Scarlet you would like to share with us we would love to see her.:)