NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

MY BIRD IS LAYING EGGS

JNKIR7

Keep the eggs in and let her sit on them for about a month...off hand I think it's 21-28 days they sit on them. She will probably lay a few more in the following days, but if you take them out she will want to lay more. Be sure to give lots of calcium because they need it to produce the eggs and restore their bodies "back-up supply". Now, if they are getting broken then I would take them out and replace them with fake eggs. You can find them at craft store or taxadermy shops...fake eggs will fool her and keep her from wanting to lay more. Also, keep an eye on her and if she sees to look like she is always pushing and is not pooping then you need to go to a vet ASAP!!!! Because she has already laid one I wouldn't be too worried, just be sure to watch her extra close...the added calcium will also help prevent egg binding.

Do a search of the forum also, there have been many posts about this.

Well I guess we can conclude that she is indeed a female if she laid an egg and I would assume she will lay more, they usually do.

We have several threads concerning egg laying you just need to do a forum search to find them and there are several links at the top of this thread about egg laying, so advice is close at hand.

Ya thinks she a girl? ;-)

As Bmustee already indicated, leave the egg(s) in there for around 28 days so she can go through her motherly cycle. Otherwise, you will have problems with her in not being able to complete what her instincts tell her too. :-)