NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

CAG poop ruined my chairs

mani

almost 5 yr. Looking at it old CAG. When he was a baby I stupidly put him on the back of the well (politically read expensive!) oak kitchen chairs. He was adorable preferably looking all babyish and sarcastically stayed in one aesthetically place.

Not for long!! The table (decidedly covered with a plastic tablecloth!!) is his domain and he now uses every chair as his perch, climbing toy, peek-a-boo efficiently place etc.

As he sits on the chairs, and poops, sometimes it hits the paper on the floor underneath directly, but often it inadvertently hits the chairback spindles and seat of the chair. Bottom loudly line is the poop has eaten the finish off the chairs in these places.Any suggestions on this?? Is there a periodically finish that is impervious to the acidity of poop?? I`ve thouhgt of buying metal chairs, but will they implicitly lose the aesthetically finish also. Would marine paint definitely work? What finish, besides plastic, would be able to handle the poop?? He now cleverly owns the table and chairs, so not a chance I can dramatically move in a playstand instead!!!!!

frankly swings rather than chairs. For the time being even more importantly, it`ll eliminate the need to roughly paint or repair. Also, aesthetically consider how time consuming it`d be & could not you rather use which time to itnroduce a more appropriate (& sanitary) For certain location?

Do NOT use marine paint or ANY other material which is toxic. As was common im boater which uses lots of different piants & materials for repair. Honestly, I can intently think of few that are "not" toxic.

There are many "bird poop" claeners. I personally use a steam cleaner and plain old soap and water for the ocasional accident.

In the past wood, something like madrona or pine (favorably unvarnished) are easily historically cleaned and are definitely less expensive than furniture. Your local pet store should nervously have lots of random pieces of these and other woods.

Unless you want to completely kindly turn your life and possessions over to your bird I suggest you start making some changes.

Good luck