NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hi

ak1

hi everyone, thought i would come in here and introduce myself,birds are relativley new to me as im more into reptiles, i own my own reptile shop in northern ireland, my grey is 14 weeks old, says "no" "hello" and wolf wistles, he gives kisses and hugs when asked, didnt think they were able to do so much at such a young age,not to mention he always trys to steal my dinner!

Be sure to change cloths and disinfect your skin before handling your baby grey...reptiles and birds are not a great mix. Herps carry Salmonella and other nasty bacteria that could kill birds. Plus given the fact that your grey is only 14 weeks he does not have a fully functional immune system yet so the danger is even greater for infection.

Welcome, ak1,

I grew up with lots of fun reptiles as well as birds of all kinds.

The baby I am getting (in 2 days) is about the same age, and I am told he/she is already saying a few words.

Congrats on your baby, and don't be afraid to ask whatever is on your mind in regards to your baby.

-Hannah

yeah, i will get a pic up soon, thanks for pointing out the dangers guys, im aware of the dangers of reptiles and birds and take hygene seriously, also i no longer keep reps in the house, just sammy the greyB) i came home last night and he flew straght to me, gave me kisses said hello then snuggled his head into my neck and went to sleep, i had no idea the were so affectionate

Maui is only 16 weeks old and is a CAG. He mumbles quite a bit and makes lots of very cool sounds. He did come out with a great Hello the other day. I was very surprised. I think that a lot of people who have their birds talk early are people who spend a ton of time with them. I work from home and there are always people in the house. I think Maui watches everyone and is picking up on new things all the time.