NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

help,grey flew into a fly trap

ak1

hi guys, my grey flew into one of those sticky fly traps you hang from the celing, i know it should not have been there but he is not allowed in that room, my wife just rang panicing,she has got the trap off but his feathers are very sticky as you would imagine, how do i get the goo off??? thanks

Hey there!! Must be something in the air, as this happened to one of my Greys last week!!!

I grabbed about a tablespoon of peanut butter and I would get a little bit between my fingers and really rub it into her feathers. I took her and threw her in the shower with warmer water, but obviously nothing that would scald her. Then I pulled her out of the shower and rubbed the bits of peanut butter left and dry off the feathers. I repeated this twice a day for 3 days, and it helped, and now it's gone!!!

My Grey loves the shower now LOL

Hahaha...I won! :laugh:

I really need to print that thread and post it where everyone can see it at the pet store because we use sticky traps for the mice (can't use anything else) and it's always in the back of my mind that this is going to happen there.