NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

posting

Abdullah

im not a mod or someone whos been here for a while..but going through threads today i noticed sometimes new members would make a new thread that is completely the same as the one they already posted i think the reason is because thyre having problems navigating around the fourm and finding the threads they already created exmaple:

my bird is plucking .. then my bird is plucking # 2

a much more easier way would be click on ur profile ..located at the left just ontop of the logout button then scroll all the way down in your profile youll see a history of threads you posted and ones u replied to

i hope no one gets mad at me but i think its important as sometimes this could eat up space easily in the long run.. any thoughts?

I agree. If someone has missed the person's first thread, they won't have all the background information when they try to offer some help. Plus, it keeps the board tidier (I'm anal retentive like that ;)).

Your suggestion to click on your own profile sounds like the easiest way for people to find old posts :).

Thanks for the info guys! I am a newbie thats obvious. I tried searching my topic ten different ways and nothing pulled. I created a new thread and then abdullah posted me a link of where it already was....not sure why I couldn't get it to pull. But I know I am part of the reason he started this. Sorry guys I will try to get better. Still new to all of this!

oh no kllorio your not that reason for this! i was just sugesting because other sections of the fourm had the same problem... the reason im posting this is because i belonged to this other fourm where alot of people had the same problem and after a year the admin was asking us for donations coz the server was overloaded

:) good advise, abdullah. that's also the way I check for reactions to my postings: I go to my profile page and look at the bottom of it for the links ;)