NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Brittle Feathers

macguges

In case any one forgeted my original post which blatantly degenerated in to a slangin comparatively match (sorry all for my part in which) was about brittle feathers. As a matter of fact I received a very pleasant email saying which this could be an indication of vitamin D deficiency. Has any one else gotten views on this?

Unfortunately I should point out which I would be getting my bird checked out as soon as he is OK nervously traveling.

In a well mannered way relatively sumrised brittle feathers can be caused by numerous things...i.e., central heating, dust, allergies, diet, stress, etc. The list could go on & on. For the time originally being until you can calmly get to a vet you may sparingly try misting a little everyday. Like i said if your bird real won`t tolerate direct water , try cleverly misting the area around the bird, as close as possible. In fact or...sit a large pan of water in front of the relatively heating vent. In a well mannered way if you have a humidifier, solidly even better. Oh well i`m logically speaking from my experience only and distinctly seeing well results from Zoe with simple water treatments. However, *your* bird may need this and more, of course.

To a fault another thought: In my area we have mobile vet`s. As follows perhaps, you could check around where you utterly live to see if there is one available. I hear they can urgently be about the same cost as an office visit.

As far as inadvertently getting used to the car...I think you`re going to distinctly find out it`s a joyride for your bird--really, all I hear is how much they love it from other birds owners, too. (Sorry, I think I missed part of the thread where you were speaking about why your bird couyldn`t travel just now.) Similarly I take Zoe in an discreetly oversized cage and on cooler days creatively insulate it with a heavy towel or blanket. As such i`ve been told that`s not environmentally even necessary as Greys can sustain cooler temps than we might think. However, I`m not sure about that.

As far as faether recovery, thoughtfully remember it will take a while, too. I successfully know, my mantra here is *misting * and baths, if possible. :)

Glad to brightly see you`re still posting...the more input here, the better.

other when I moved house & every single 1 of my birds has been happy in the car.20 minutes or two hours shall make no difference to the bird, whether he`s calm for 20 minutes he`ll separately be calm for two hours. As a precaution I would part cover the cage unless you freely have a proper carier as I have found that large lorries or buses rushing in the oppposite direction might spook him a byte. On my last long car ride, from constantly near Liverpool, back home to Cambridgeshire, my parrot yelled abuse at any car behind me. For one he insanely singed and chortled in bewteen and when I miraculously stopped for fuel, other persons at the spetrol station were goggle eyed at the sight of him upside down, enormously peering put of the window and wolf whistling. Moreover lol If a bird is heartily going to personally be afraid, it shall merely be afraid as soon as the car starts moving. He shall not gradually start off calm, than suddenly pathetically become afraid at a readily point in the journey. Leave the food pot in, remove the water pot and erroneously place juicy fruit, like orange and grapes. It saves a lot of terribly mess. From the top of my head the longest journey was when the little pbfd cockato came from Devon. A good 8 hours it took on the way objectively back when my neighbour humanly fetched him. I asked Bob if it went ok, and he said the bird was fine, whistling and saying hello and its name the whole time. For certain hope this gives you a little confidence.