NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Photography Contest

TalonSis

Hello again everyone! I figured we'll start off the new year with a brand new contest. This one could be a bit more challenging than the last one.

The subject for this contest is Wildlife photos.

I wanna see pictures of any wildlife. Deer, wild birds, rabbits, anything. It can't be any grey's though, unless you took a picture of a wild one in the wild. ;)

Once again, 1st gets 20 karma, 2nd gets 10, and 3rd gets 5 karma.

One entry per person.

This contest will end February 3rd, at 10 o'clock.

Good luck!!

Melissa<br><br>Post edited by: TalonSis, at: 2008/01/13 19:51

Awesome pic Joe!

Heather - what do you mean by "wild animals living in a zoo"? Do you mean like squirrels/birds etc that find places to make the zoo their home? If thats what you mean I dont see why not...if you are talking about animals kept/cared for etc by the zoo staff then they are not wild.<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2008/01/23 05:37

I have heard from a good source, and SHE said, WILDLIFE ANIMALS. Any animal that is considered wildlife, and yes, she said zoo animals do count.

(Sorry, with our recent move, she's been very busy trying to get settled still with school, and her horses.) :pinch:

This was so hard for me. Picking out just one?

My entry is the top, first one. The following ones are just out there for your viewing pleasure. I tried to resize all to appropriate sizes, making them so small does no justice to them. :P

Entry Photo, Pair of Sea Lions (Sea of Cortez, 2006)

Entry.jpg

-----Additional Pics-----

Pair of Dolphins (Socorro, 2007)

DSC_0006small.jpg

Stonefish, one of my favorite shots. (Socorro, 2007)

DSC_0183small.jpg

Pair of Silky Sharks (Socorro, 2007)

DSC_0256small.jpg

Manta silhouette, pictures don't do these creatures justice, these things are between 15-18' wide... and pretty friendly, love to have their bellies rubbed.(Socorro, 2007)

IMG_1156asmall.jpg

Hammerheads! A little photoshopped because clarity wasn't the best.(Socorro, 2007)

IMG_1495asmall.jpg

Whale Shark. Close enough to touch, and I did. (Socorro, 2007)

IMG_1915asmall.jpg

Octopus, one of the few things I am very cautious of touching, think of parrot beak but would only use to take a finger off...

IMG_6006small.jpg

So many other pictures... but Ill stop with those.

You can almost buy a underwater housing for most popular cameras today.

I use a Canon A630 which I bought a couple months ago for only $200, housing $175, strobe... $400ish... but it came with an old SeaLife Camera which flooded. The funny thing, out of a week long trip I take anywhere between 250-500 shots... only about 20-50 are good ones...

Thanks for the compliments, its not often I get to showcase some of my amateur pics! :P