NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Noob Intro

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, but not new to birds. I actually happened across this place when searching for pictures of the white tailed CAGs. I adore greys and would've joined a long time ago had I known it was here! I'm a stay at home mom/housewife with a small "zoo" to take care of. I foster, so there is never a dull moment here.....

A "few" of my guys (n gals)

Sota, a hormonal, cage aggressive, frustrating blue front amazon guy who loves me one minute, makes ground hamburger of my skin the next. I adore him, and stay well stocked in bandaids. :laugh:

sota39.jpg

Beaker, my sweet TAG who was a late bloomer in the talking department, but has really shocked us the past few months.....

beaker52.jpg

Peanut, my "well fed" chihuahua, who suffers an identity crisis, and believes she is a cat.

peanut12.jpg

Bird, the tortie kitty that meowed in the woods behind my house for two days in the rain before I trapped her, brought her in, and soon realized she was completely feral. She's come around, after destroying my bathroom, and ended up staying, though that wasn't the original plan. Now, just over a year later, she's pet-able, but only by me and my husband, occasionally our son.

bird132.jpg

And these two, Waldo and Azrael, were also supposed to be temporary fosters, raised on the bottle by me from about 4 weeks, born to feral mom who oft loses babies to wildlife, and won't be trapped for a spay. But they never got adopted. By the time I had a potential adopter for Az, they had an inseperable bond, and we couldn't let them go to seperate homes. So, sucker that I am, here they stay, in my "non-cat" household. But I wouldn't give'em up for anything now.....

az12.jpg

Petey and Sweety, a boy cockatiel pair. Sweety is kickin' hard at the ripe old age of 26 and still counting....

sweety5.jpg

My son's Parrotlet, PeeWee, raised by me.....

peewee8.jpg

And Gary, my iguana, and first true herp experience. I fostered a box turtle once, but she was a walk in the park compared to this guy. :)

gary4.jpg

Our very latest addition, a sweet bearded dragon baby that at this point is still nameless. He is very tame, and loves nothing more than to fall asleep hugging my thumb.

beardie5.jpg

Ok. I think that's everyone..... :blush: I had a hard time with the pictures so I hope they all show up ok....<br><br>Post edited by: CrazyBird, at: 2008/01/13 01:28

Hello and welcome to the family, Crazybird, glad you finally found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your flock.

You do have quite the collection of animals and a lovely bunch from the looks of the pictures. I just love the two tiger striped kitties you have, I have a weakness for cats and they remind me of some I have had that were marked similar.

I assume you were looking for the white tailed grey that we have a picture of in one of our threads, a very rare occurance but beautiful to behold.

Not that you need it, but I always refer new members to the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information they might need and please just ask any specific questions you may have. We will do our best to get an answer and help you in any way we can.

Thanks for sharing pictures of the members of your "zoo" with us without our even having to ask, I guess you could tell we love to look at pictures here. You are going to love it here, we do.

Hi Judy, thanks for the welcome....

Yes, I was looking for the photos to show my mother whom was visiting. I'd not heard of them until recently. And neither had she.

I'm definitely going to browse through all the topics.

Glad everyone here likes pictures. I know I do too. Seeing others, and sharing some of mine.

Waldo and Azrael (the two tigers) are definitely not as "calm" as the picture may portray them. :laugh: They are both under a year and still allllllll kitten. I can't *WAIT* for the day I'm actually able to set knicknacks on tables without worrying about them being broken by the terrible twosome. :pinch:

I had never seen one until that photo was posted here in this forum but then you hear of albino animals and it is like the same thing.:cheer:

Yeah I kind of had an idea that they were a little rambunctious when they are awake and active, they just have that look about them, but adorable nonetheless.:laugh:

Welcome from Alaska Crazybird:

Quite the zoo you have going. I am wondering if the birds pay any attention or have an interest in the reptiles? We house sat a lizard for our middle school over X-mas break and my CAG Mazy just loved watching it. You will find many good knowledgeable people here, but not a lot of advice on lizards. lol

Great pictures. We love pictures

See you out there.

Bruce & Mazy

Thanks for all the welcomes!

There is never a dull moment here, and all the fur/feathers/scales keep me busy. But among all the cleaning, feeding, and noise, they are all very much a part of the family.

There is one member I left out, semi-accidentally, a stripey kitty I just call "My Cat". He showed up here in the summer, hungry, but untouchable. I was really hoping to gain his trust and get him in the house before winter, because I'm not a big believer in outdoor cats. They live a sad life, especially in our neighborhood where ferals are a real issue. Unfortunately he is still untouchable and still lives outside. But, he gets three meals a day (as long as he shows up for them) and appears to be healthy, and was even treated for a UTI without me ever having to touch him. ;)

So outdoors he remains. And if we ever move like we're hoping within the next 2-3 years, he will be trapped and taken with us. :blink:

stripey6.jpg