NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Can I own a Grey?

jackpipe

Hmm.... somehow I missed Deanna's post and the one above was submitted before I even read Deanna's. Deanna, I felt exactly how you described it and decided not to get one yet. As much as I would like to have one, I don't want to hurt the bird.

Once again thank you all and for now I'll start thinking about my future parrot's name :)

JP

Jim I am glad that now you know that this is not to be taken lightly, owning a grey is a lifetime committment and you have to be prepared to deal with the obligations of that committment, just like if you had children, you do what you have to do to insure their health and safety.

I think that one day you may make a fine parront to a grey but make sure you are ready for the responsibility and I wish you good luck, and keep in touch.:P

Jim - take it from someone who ended up waiting about 4 YEARS from the start of "wanting a parrot" to actually taking one into our family...it is well worth the wait to be sure you have the information and the lifestyle that is conducive to building the relationship these wonderful birds require.

Read the good stuff and the "pain in the butt" stuff, because you'll get plenty of both! :-) It's best to know what you're getting into so you can prevent having to find a new home for the bird.

I'm glad you've decided to wait. It's a hard thing to do when you're excited about it but it is the best thing for both you and your future companion.

Lisa

yah JP im glad you took the time to read the posts of the other members..please understand that we're not attacking you just trying to inform you...i think you should stick around and learn or read about them thyre still fascinating creatures..maybe after a while youlld be able to make time for a bird and who knows it might be the best thing u did as they can be very rewarding to having them around..good luck buddy ;)