NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey Rooms

vaya_the_elf

I'm getting house very soon, and will have my two parrots in room to themselves, with their stuff. However, I want to make it fun.

I know that you need UV lighting, already have one light for them. Don't have playstand yet, but I'm planning on buying one soon.

Want to know what other ideas people have, the cheaper the better....

I think it would be neat to paint the room bright color for them, not sure what all want to do with the walls.

Also thought about getting net for them to climb on.....

So if anyone has ideas, or wish to share what they have done, please do.

What lucky birds to have their own room and of course you want to make it fun for them.

The idea of a net to climb on is excellent and I would like to add one to my house for Josey but the ones I have found are a little expensive.

If it were me, I would paint the walls a bright color or if you are creative you could paint some pictures on the wall like a mural and make it a jungle scene or something like that.

Another idea would be to add one or two hanging playgyms for them to play on and entertain themselves.

For other ideas maybe Lovemygreys will give you some other ideas, she has a bird room for her 4 Cags.

Hi, as Judy said my greys have their own room.Yes do paint it a bright color for them.Make sure any wiring is boxed in as they love to chew things their not meant to ! as you can see from the pictures mine have chewed all my coving & started on the wall !!I had a curtain pole at the window which they use to climb on,now the curtain only goes up at night !

I have two play stands which have their food pots on & i have an array of perches to exercise their feet.Mine love to hang out on their ropes, so include ropes.You can add the hanging bungees,you can see in the pictures they love these.I have a hanging java stand.Let your imagination go wild ;) plenty of toys,different places for them to have their food pots,& a cargo net is a great idea ! i have just got one which is going up at the weekend !

Hope the pictures give you a few ideas.

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01001.jpgparrot001-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2008/01/11 10:55

I made my own nets which my birds love. I used the sissel rope from home depot, it was like $6 for a roll. I got a book of knots and went to it. It's not as pretty as the ones you buy...but my birds don't seem to care. :-) You can do alot with your imagination without spending a small fortune. hula hoops, wrap them with rope (cotton or sissel) and its another hanging play area. You can combine two hula hoops to make a giant atom for them as well.

Awesome post guys. Vaya, do you have a friend who is a carpenter type person? I have a young friend who is building a play tree for my baby, and it won't cost me nearly as much as if I were to buy it at a store.

What would you think of painting a tropical scene? That might be fun for you and the birds.

LMG, I love your setup. The ropes are awesome!

- Hannah

Thanks everyone, for you wonderful post to this topic, everyone has been very helpful... :)

Judy, thanks for the jungle theme idea. Wow, thanks everyone for posting so quickly

Hanging play gyms would be pretty neat, I have seem them many places before.

Lovemygreys, I love your room. The yellow is good choice, I was thinking Yellow, Orange, or purple. Oh, and your greys are so cute!!!!

Christina , your hula hoop idea is neat as well, and that is different.

Hannah, might be able to find someone to build tree just have ot make sure its safe is all, things like that i get so nervous about, not sure why.

Yes, that is it. Worry about everything I use, my grey is very senitive compared to other parrots. She has had some eye issues, so working on that with her, and taking her to the vet every few months to watch it closely, however my vet said I was doing every right, so hopefully its just something small.

I know PVC pipes are good, what other things are safe to use?

• 2 weeks later...