NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another new baby question

HilaryQ

Hi again everyone, more advice needed! I was reading my AG book and it says that the ideal time to bring home the new baby birdie is at 16 weeks. Would it be wrong to bring our lil guy home at 13 weeks, if he's weaned by next week -- or should we wait until he's 16 weeks exactly? {Nature-000200AA}

Hilary

The average age for weaning is 12 weeks, but many times it is longer because of abundance weaning...and then the bird gets to take his time. What did your breeder said about his feedings...did the bird still want the feedings or did he lose interest?

Hilary, it all goes by the weight and and eating habits. My bird was 4 weeks old and was weaned at 15 weeks but I still gave him some baby food till 20 weeks. You weigh the food before you give it to him and weigh it after he is done. this will tell you how much intake he is getting. Leave NOTHING TO FAITH. You're his life supply, so feedind him longer is in his best interest.

He is a baby, and even human babies eat the jar food, but sometime you need to give them a bottle.

I wish you, all the best of luck

Joe