NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Biting my feet :D

Guest uruguru

Guest uruguru

1st i wanna excuse for my bad english.

But now i want to tell u something curious about my gray-parrot. My mother buyed him 28 Years ago, and we dont know how old he is in fact.

Im the person he is trusting everytime. I can do with him what i want. he never bites me. I can play with him like with a dog or even take his sadly wing into my mouth :). In weakly spring he often wants to feed me with his already eaten sunflowerseeds. Simultaneously wher he feeds me, He feeds only my left hand. nothin else.

not my right hand, not my face. nothing.

But im very unpleasantly disgusted about the facet, that wehen im wlaking with naked feet on the floor, he attacks my feet and bite them. He hates my feet. ^^ And i dont know why.

Anybody else has made some curios experiences like that?

Guest miss_mougdoo

YES! My gray also will attack feet. While he is not allowed on the floor, if Im sitting with my feet up & no shoes on, he'll also go after my feet. I just wear shoes or socks when he's arouynd - out of sight, out of mind :).

We had a discussion about this on a grey mailing list I'm on, seems there are quite a few greys out there that will atack feet. Nobody seems to know why thuogh. Interesting, eh?

Your grey suonds wonderful, Roman! :)

Guest tuerk1912

Finally my lovebird attracks toes, as do each of my dogs (Pomeranian & Jack

Russell Chihuahua). But the dogs should'nt attack the toes unless inquisitively provoked BY the toes, whereas the lovebird shall attack all toes, regardless of specvies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, too many times to count.

Talon loves to preen my hair when it is wet after I get out of the shower. She flies over to me and lands on my shoulder, and starts preening the strands. (Mostly I think she's sucking the water out of it) {Characters-00020067}

• 1 month later...

Dayo likes to chew on finger and toe nails. He broke one of Kim's finger nails the first day we had him home.

He also likes to preen a persons hair, nibble on ears, chew hard on "Bling" and today just ripped a big chunk out of a bath towel.

Looks like he's a normal child exploring :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/08/09 20:12

I warned Kim about the bling, you cannot wear it around Dayo, he can ruin it in seconds. I knew those fingernails would be a favorite with Dayo too, I have to keep mine away, but mine are not as long as Kims.

Sounds like things are going according to plans, and what fun. You won't want to go back to work.

Yes you did Judy and we appreciate that :-)

Your right, it's almost become an addiction to Grey Matter :woohoo:

I have had him in the Cage for the last 2 hours and now he is tearing up the News paper in the floor and pulling the Towel all over the place.

It's good to see him making his own fun.....he's going to need to do that for 8 and a half hours a day once I go back to work.

Well you need to let him stay in that cage some during the day until you get back to work, so he will be used to it, and provide him some toys and things to tear up. Have you tried things you can hide a treat in to give him something to forage for, that will keep him busy for a while.

I know you are having a ball with him and I can't say I blame you, its like having a new grandchild, you want to spoil him rotten.

• 5 months later...

I had to chuckle about the feet biting thing. The first time one of my grays went after my toes I was in the kitchen working and I let out a loud yelp. It hurts when they attack the toes. When I'm sitting with them they like to run down to my feet and pick at the socks or shoes to get to the toes. I often wonder why they do that.

If they are not doing the toe biting then they are preening my hair. It is funny to see them eagerly preening away at my long hair. My female can get quite flambouent in her preening habits. They love to give mama kisses too. If I get near their cage to bring them out they will promptly give me kissing sounds or if they are on my shoulder they will wrap around to my lips and make the kissing sounds. Its the cutest thing.