NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

help lookin for any good advice

Greetings matt47389 and welcome. It sounds like you are doing a great thing in rehoming a bird in great need. That being said, a bird with the history of abuse and physical impairment may be very challenging. Do you have experience with caring for parrots/birds in general? It is expected that this bird will be very afraid and shy, possibly for a long time. I bet you can win it over through consistent patience, love and calm interations. What a rewarding experience this could be for you both if you have the right approach. Dont expect too much too soon, Grey's are often slow to change their ways and an abused on may take quite some time to trust you. Please provide us more info about the bird and yourself and we will be glad to help.

I think its really great that you are rehoming this bird and hope you are in it for the long run. You will get out what you put in and will ultimately acheive a relationship that will reward you 1000 times over. ;)

Hello and welcome to the family, Matt, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey.

I commend you for taking in an abused grey that has lost one wing, do you know how it came to be missing that wing? You will have to tell us the story of this grey and what kind of abuse it had to endure and how you came about getting it.

If this grey was abused it is going to take a lot of time and patience to get it to trust you enough to allow you to get close to it. It is so sad that it was abused, how anyone could mistreat one is beyond me but if you are willing to take the time I believe it will come around.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful and helpful information and do not hesitate to ask specific questions. We will do our best to get an answer and help you in any way we can.

If you have any pictues of this grey that you would like to share with us we would love to see it. BTW, what is it's name?

Welcome Matt!!

Thanks for taking on the challenge of rehoming an abused and crippled Grey!! The others have given great advice and I wish you well.

We have many experienced rehomed Grey owners here that can help you as you need it. So ask away!! :-)

well i think buddy lost his wing due too a dog interaction.when my dog walked int he room buddy started growling and barking at my dog.other wise me and my wife believe he was kept in a cage that was way to small.my wife meet the third owners when they dropped him off at the petco she is employed at

Matt I am compelled to pass on my sentiments, admiration, and applause. I will only comment and reaffirm PATIENCE, on your behalf. I share all said by dblhelix, judygram, lovemygreys, danmcq, and FairY.

There aren't too many people who would take in a bird in such condition, and you sir are one of them. These people posting above and so many others on this forum are of the same in this. I think it really shows what a special place we have.

Keep Up the good work we're there for you.

Bruce & Mazy