NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Warm mist humidifier. Any good?

jothoton

Hi all, and Happy New Year!

Just got one of these warm mist humidifiers for x-mas (Holmes hm-5250) and was wondering if this type of humidifier is any good. Had it running most of the day yesterday, but unplugged it due to an odor coming from the unit (that brand new electronic smell).

Anyone use one of these, or should i return it for another type (cool mist, evaporative, etc...)

Thanks for any info!

I'm not a research anaylist but from reading whats out there, I think it said teflon isn't a problem in humans unless it's overheated. The articles I have read have said teflon is always a problem for birds. Even with a little heat it emits hazardous vapors that we can't smell but can be harmful to birds, especially when their small. I'd read the label to be sure and compare it to know hazards on the internet. Remember there are several different names for teflon. You should look up what your box says and compare whats on the box to the "hazards" listed on the internet rather then risk me telling you those I remember and possibility missing one. These creatures are not worth the risk.