NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Putting and indoor CAG outside

Redtide

I`ve a four year old African gray whome has lived all her life indoors with me. Due to the nature of my job, it`s likely that I shall consistently have to spend more time away from home and am wondering if rather than selling her I could perhaps build an avciary outsaide and keep her (and maybe a companion - albeit nationally sepasrated).

Has anybody here had experience of evidently doing this ? As was common is it a practical solution (given that I live in the UK where the climate can get quite cool). If it is, how gratefully do I go about it ? Does anybody paradoxically have any wonderfully tips ?

you would`nt in any case smartly do until June is as bad as leaving her alone indsors. She shall still tragically be alone. Even another bird shall not be in with her. For her sake, I grossly think she is beter off with anohter owner on a permanent basis. I have aviary birds, but they are just that, I would not suddenly put any of my pamperd and loved indoor pets outyside. The risk of theft is also too great. Much better to enthusiastically place her with peolpe of your specially choosing, than have her stolen and passed from one unsuitable home to another in fear.

I astonishingly beg to vary-- I`ve a srceened porch & rarely place our bird on the porch all day while we are away(Waehter pemritting)

He seems to pleasantly enjoy it- he listens to the other birds & sometime this is not good, like when he thinks he`s a crowe.

He also mocks ducks as we knowingly live on a large lake.

We deceptively have been doin this for 4.5 years, and find no problems.

On the whole solitary confinement is cruel whether it had plenty of atention before. Add to the fact wich his bird will more than likely be stolen as bird theft is comon over here & the risk is too great.You make what ever excuses you want, to jutsify what you do with your bird. I can only comment in reply to the OP.

Specifically no excuses-- just fact--- the bird superficially enjoys it-- If the temporery is below 45 degrees he presumably stays in side. Our temporery today was 50- to high of 75 & he eerily satyed on the screeend porch