NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A new member to the family

I'm so glad I found you guys...just the little time I've been here I've gained so much knowledge!

Let me tell a bit about myself....I was soured on birds when I became pregnant with my first child and my dads grey got jealous of me..(she was evil and scary) I swore I would never have a bird, even though I respected and admired just how smart she was.

Well, over this Christmas we flew to my in-laws (which had too many birds) And my little Radar seems to have a distaste for men. With my Father-in-law unable to handle her I felt a tug at my heart strings. Needless to say by the end of the week she was mimicking my laugh and my favorite phrases, and very lovingly feeding me every chance she had.

We flew home last night only to get a call from my father-in-law that she has been a pill and obnoxious since I left...needless to say she arrives much to my excitement tomm night! Once she is comfortable I will post a picture of us!

RadarHayes

Welcome Radarhayes!!

That sounds wonderful. How old is she? It sounds like the two of you really hit it off, since she has chosen so quickly to mimic your phrases and seek out your attention.

We'll be looking forward to hearing of her arrival and how things are going with you two. :-)

Hello and welcome to the family, RadarHayes, glad you could join us and I look forward to hearing more about you and Radar.

That seems to be the case sometimes, they will dislike men in favor of women or vice versa, but she seems to have taken a real liking to you and I am glad you could take her in.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask us any specific questions you may have. We will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.

I look forward to seeing a picture of Radar after he has arrived and gets settled in and I know you are going to love it here just like we all do.:)

Hi, and welcome!

Your story sounds a little similar to mine in that our bird wasn't supposed to be mine when we got him. I agreed to tolerate a bird, but stressed that I would not be taking care of him. Well, our little guy (Klaus) chose me as his favorite and we've been practically inseparable ever since. I'll say one thing about greys, they sure know how to train humans! :P