NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another newbie

Alright, people?

My name is Chris, I'm 17, from England. I have a 2 year old Congo Afircan Grey, who I have had now for 2 years.

He's name is Alex. He is semi-tame (all but sitting on my arm or shoulder) He has quite a good volcabulary extending over 50 words, sentances, and noises. He picks up words fast and is a good learner. And he also knows how to annoy me into getting what he wants lol.

He is very tame with me, he likes to play alot, talk, and generaly mess about.

I look foward to exploring and learning from this site.

- ChriS J M

Hello and welcome to the family, Chris, glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Alex. I know you are going to love it here just like we do.:P

Yes these greys are masters of learning how to get what they want and our wanting to please and enjoy them only helps that along, but you gotta love the little guys, they are so adorable.

Please read thru the many threads on various topics for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask specific questions if you have any, we will do our best to get you an answer and help you in any way we can.:)

If you have a picture of Alex you would like to share with us we would love to see him.B)

Hey, people.

Thank you for the warm welcoming messages. Much appreciated.

The only picture that I have, I this one. I apoligize for the poor quality; but it is the only one I have for the time being. I shall take some more decent picture when I next have the time, and will of course, post them for you.

Should you have any questions regarding Alex, please ask, and I'll be more than happy to answer them for you.

p.jpg

- ChriS J M

Hey Chris: Greetings from an Alaskan Grey. Welcome to the site. All your questions can be answered here. We look forward to getting to know you and Alex.

Oh yeah......the women will say how pretty your bird is but their really looking at you.

See ya out there

Bruce & Mazy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now that I have introduced Alex, I'll introduce you to his Vocabulary. The list is what I can remember from memory. He knows just over 1/3 more words than is listed. Also, he has learned quite a few "choice words" but I have removed them from the list for the benefit of any members who may be offended.

Alex’s Vocabulary

Alfie

Alex

Alright? - (Always his greet when I come in the room)

Anyone want tea or coffee?

Away!

Bloody ‘ell….

Come here

Daniel!

D’you want tea?

Er, Hello?

‘Ere what happened??

Geordie

Get Down!

Get down, go on!

Get down, you fool!