NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have such a sweeeeet gecko

HeatherStrella

I bought this gecko at a reptile show last September. I bought her because she's a "Super Snow" and they're very pretty and I'm thinking about breeding next season. Well, some how I lucked out with this little girl...she's so very tame. I wonder if the breeder handled her a lot or if she's just not afraid of humans. I don't remember the name of the breeder...otherwise I'd contact him and ask. It's not very often that this happens so I feel very lucky...her name is Onyx....I named her that because her eyes are solid black instead of the standard greyish/black

meandgecko.jpg

meandgecko1.jpg

a5.jpg

aanoname.jpg

No gecko "likes" to be handled. but, it's not uncommon for leopard geckos to be tame...for me, it's not common...lol. I just don't normally handle them. I usually get them as babies and I don't tame them. I got this particular one as a juvenile and slowly figured out she wasn't afraid of me...in fact she likes me. Usually my leos will dart away from my hand...or kinda bark at me....or if I try to hold it, it'll poop in my hand....certainly they don't cuddle up to my hand the way Onyx does. I got my first one as an adult and she was already tamed....all of the others were hatchlings/juvies and pretty wild.

Here are some more photos...

aaonyx.jpg

aaonyx3.jpg

aaonyx1.jpg