NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this playstand appropriate for a grey?

Kaeurl

Thanks y'all! Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without you guys!

I'm so glad to be getting "Cookie" out of his dog kennel!! :) It's huge and he loves it...but I'm not really enjoying having it on my dining room table. LOL

We've had him about a month now (he's 8) and he is just so super sweet. Hoping the change in cages doesn't freak him out. :)

Well take it slowly at first, let him get used to it before you stick him in it, don't want to stress him out over it. He may be scared of it at first, especially being an older bird, but he will come around and it will be his safe place.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, its nice to know we have helped you at least a little but I think you will do fine.:P

Hello,

Yes that playstand is perfect for a grey and the price is good also.

About the moving from the crate to a cage- Intorduce it to him very slowly. You may want to put the cage neer his crate for a wile and see how he takes to it. Let him move in slowly and he will do just fine. If you just put him on or in the new cage he more then likly will get upset and stressed out. Let him go from the crate to the cage and back and forth. He will get acustom to the new cage. You will be much more pleased with the results by doing it this way.

That is a really nice stand at a great price.

Judy's right, though...You'll probably be very excited to get it home and get it set up. Then very disappointed when your bird won't have anything to do with it.

I got Klaus one about a month or so ago, and we took the top part off, threw a green tablecloth on it, and my Christmas tree is on it now. Case in point! :)

He went on it maybe 2-3 times before we converted it to a Christmas tree stand. Will try again after the holidays!

About ur playstandd, I have one similar to it, got it for $99 at a bird show at the fairgrounds, sometimes you can get better prices at the shows. but thats only once a year... those are great.

Is yours all welded in one piece? If you ever need to move it I hope so, mine has a million nuts and screws. I had to put them all in a ziplock baggie and tape the bars together so I would nt lose any pieces....When I first got it, Buddi was hesitant so I only put her on it for a few minutes and she just sat in one spot looked nervous. I had to play music and stand there with her, and I put it in front of the window, so she eventually turned her back, and was interested in the activities outside. Pretty soon my neighbors would walk by and wave at her, and she would pick up her right hand, and wave back. So, eventually she got used to it, it took a month or two. I had to put her favorite snack in the little bowls.

She didn't know what to do on there until I got Charlie, and he was like a monkey on the thing, uninhibited that he is. So, now she knows what to do, she does what he does. be patient, and just keep trying you know, like put him there while ur cleaning his cage and stuff. He will watch u carefully.

You could set the crate on top of his cage, and let him walk out on his own, open the cage door and lethim watch you fill up the food crocks in his cage :) Hope it helps and be patient tell him you love him. joanne

joanne :)

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping the cage transition will go as well as the home transition. I kid you not, when we brought him home he had NO issues at all. He was walking over to let me scratch him, etc..and had known me all of an hour. It's been a month now and he still has some trust issues with me. He doesn't much want to step up voluntarily, but once he's on me he'll sit on my shoulder and give me kisses and preen my hair. :) I sure appreciate all the great advice!!!

Carol