NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Funny, Cute things that are greys do!:)

mgoertzen5

OH MY Judy! LOL That is a hoot!!! I think the Conure Grey relationship is a riot. Jiggy is really lucky that Bella is so good natured. If she had a bad attitude he'd be missing all his tail feathers by now!

They both snuggle in my shawl in the evening, but lately Jiggy has been trying to snuggle up to Bella while she is in her little pouch she makes herself out of my shawl. She really gets upset when he invades her space like that. Does your conure try to snuggle with Josey?

No, my sun conure, Sunny does not try to snuggle with Josey in fact she tries to nip her every chance she gets. I have them both on my shoulder for a short period every day, otherwise it is one at a time, and I have to keep them separated, and it is not Josey going after Sunny but the other way around. The smaller bird is more aggressive maybe to make up for what it lacks in size I guess. Sunny will snuggle up to me but Josey is not much of a snuggler any more, she used to be somewhat when she was much younger but not anymore.

My Conure Jake tries to get next to Dayo constantly. He also tries to protect Dayo by running at my Arm or hand when I am picking Dayo up. Dayo then runs after Jake protecting me and Jake's takes flight to get away from Dayo's comparatively huge Beak.

Jake makes cooing and other love sounds to Dayo also. At least they sound as such to me. :-)

You would think after 5 Months Jake would get the idea, but so far he has not relented what so ever in his pursuit of being buddies with Dayo.

Oh my goodness Dan, Jake sounds like a character! Why do you think he wants to get Dayo's attention like that?

Does he posture when he's trying to show everyone how big he is? When my son-in-law was here (he's 6'4) Jiggy was apparently SO impressed with his height, Jiggy was constanlty posturing, making himself "tall" snaking his head around every time he saw my son-in-law.

Jiggy follows Bella around- that is except in the morning. Bella is a morning bird and Jiggy doesn't get with the program until around 10 am. She likes to dance around, run through all her words and sounds, and best of all, chase Jiggy first thing in the morning. He prefers to wake up a little more slowly. So, I've had to keep his cage closed in the morning to let him have his peace!

Charlie does something very cute. He has these ceramic hooded crocks like with a dome top? they look like a big beehive. He likes to stick his whole head and shoulders in there and talk and laughits so funny bcuz it echoes in there. At first I didn't know where it was coming from and it makes him laugh at himself becuz it sounds funny. He goes in there and starts laughting and saying peekaboo, hellooo (laughter) then, he just starts mumbling stuff and laughing more. Theres a little 1/4 inch hole in the back where you can mount it with a screw, but it's empty bcuz it fits right in the cup holder, so he tries to peek thru the hole and talk to me if I'm on that side. I see him putting his eyeball up to it and if I put my finger over the hole, he tries to bite it. :laugh: